Kim Kardashian: I Need a Divorce Now for My Baby's Sake

February 8, 2013, 10:17 am Mike Fleeman | People.com whomagazine

Expecting a baby with Kanye West, the reality star doesn't want to be Kris Humphries's wife when she in July

Kim Kardashian: I Would Love To Be Divorced

Getty

Kim Kardashian is asking a judge to declare her marriage to Kris Humphries over, immediately, so that she won't still be wed when she gives birth to Kanye West's baby in July.

"I firmly believe that an immediate dissolution of our marriage will help create a new, full life for me," she writes in court papers filed last month. "One chapter will be officially over, and a new one can begin. The same should hold true for (Humphries)."

In the L.A. Superior Court filing, Kardashian, who filed for divorce in October 2011, is requesting either a speedy trial date for the divorce action or, at the least, to have the marriage legally dissolved while other issues, including potentially finances, are battled in court.

PHOTOS: Kim Kardashian's Most Ridiculous Outfits

But Humphries, who is seeking an annulment of their 72-day marriage on the basis of fraud, has countered in court documents that the fact his estranged wife has an "apparently unplanned pregnancy" by another man is no reason to expedite the litigation.

In her declaration to the court, Kardashian, 32, explains, "I am currently pregnant by a man with whom I began a relationship well after I separated from (Humphries)."

Giving a due day of early July, she says, "I do not want to be married to (Humphries) when I have my baby," and adds, "I am requesting the status of my marriage be determined for now for not only my health and welfare but also for the health and well-being of my unborn child."

Kardashian also says money may be at stake.

"I should not be constrained in my financial and social endeavors by the fact that (Humphries) and I have a marriage which now exists in name only," she says. "I do not want the status of my marriage to affect any investment I wish to make, such as the purchase of a new residence."

RELATED: Kim Kardashian's Royal Snub?

RELATED: Kim Kardashian & Kanye West Buy $11 Million Mansion

1. monk07:14pm Monday 08th April 2013 ESTReport Abuse

What I can say is PWEEE TO KIM kARDASHIAN .

2. 07:53am Sunday 31st March 2013 ESTReport Abuse

Did anyone really expect that the pregnancy and birth would be normal, lacking press opportunities. This will all be staged managed drama after manufactured drama. If there isn't a drama pending, one will be manufactured. Rest assured, this will be a very ordinary pregnancy turned into a major maladrama, of potential miscarriages, bitching or birthing problems, etc. Although, with her hip shape, she should have no problem having a normal birth. But, is that what the script will say? And, get ready for a string of stories about how the lack-of-class mother of the tribe becomes an even more obnoxious grand mother

3. 07:53am Sunday 31st March 2013 ESTReport Abuse

4. Ping Me..Just Ping Me08:50pm Sunday 10th February 2013 ESTReport Abuse

i guess i wouldn`t say " no " Kindest Regards Areel...

5. gaynboston11:52pm Saturday 09th February 2013 ESTReport Abuse

Poor Kim, she didn't know being promiscuous might come back and haunt her.

6. Mandy11:10am Saturday 09th February 2013 ESTReport Abuse

I guess thats her punishment for taking marriage for granted.

7. ROBERT K11:07am Saturday 09th February 2013 ESTReport Abuse

She is nothing but a big arsed whore

8. Ghost Hunter11:38pm Friday 08th February 2013 ESTReport Abuse

Is there ANYTHING this SKANK won't say or do to keep herself in front of the media ??? Comes to that, why does the media (what a joke the media is these days) pay any attention at all to this family of self-centered toads ???

9. alan09:45pm Friday 08th February 2013 ESTReport Abuse

Kim Kardashian is using men for her self gratification to get what she want, and to hell with the laws of marriage. I have no knowledge of the divorce laws in America, but to me she is abusing the courts for her own end. It must be hard for her to have a problem of not knowing right from wrong, so maybe the court could put her in rehab for say 12 months so she can reconsider all options. But then again why would you want to put her where clear thinking people are.

10. bluebag03:37pm Friday 08th February 2013 ESTReport Abuse

it seems that "This" woman just cant get enough.. Married to one bloke, having another blokes child What a good example she sets. In and out of bed like a bloody grasshopper. It should be he that wants the divorce.