Two late Arsenal goals sink Manchester United


Arsenal scored twice in stoppage time to beat Manchester United 3-1 in a thrilling English Premier League match at the Emirates Stadium.

With the score 1-1 on Sunday, United thought they had snatched three points only for Alejandro Garnacho's 87th-minute finish to be ruled out for offside by VAR.

Arsenal surged forward in eight added minutes and Declan Rice's deflected shot put the Gunners ahead.

Rice's first Arsenal goal was added to when substitute Gabriel Jesus raced clear to wrap up the win.

Marcus Rashford had earlier put United ahead against the run of play after 27 minutes before Martin Odegaard instantly levelled with an emphatic finish.

Mohamed Salah cast aside speculation over his future by scoring in Liverpool's comprehensive 3-0 victory over Aston Villa at Anfield.

Salah has been linked with a move to Saudi Arabia and Liverpool rejected a £150m (A$293m) bid from Al-Ittihad on Friday amid reports that the Pro League champions would return with a world-record offer before their transfer window closes on Thursday.

But the Egypt striker showed that none of that affected him as he added to his extraordinary Liverpool scoring record with the Reds' third.

It was his 188th goal in 308 appearances and 139th in 222 Premier League matches. It was also his seventh in seven games against Villa.

Dominik Szoboszlai got Liverpool off to the perfect start after three minutes, delivering a sweet left-footed finish through a crowded box.

Liverpool doubled their lead in the 22nd minute when Darwin Nunez's shot hit the post and went in off luckless Villa defender Matty Cash. Salah rounded off matters after 55 minutes.

Crystal Palace beat Wolves 3-2 at Selhurst Park as Odsonne Edouard scored twice.

Edouard converted Tyrick Mitchell's excellent cross after 56 minutes to break the deadlock.

Wolves substitute Hwang Hee-chan equalised nine minutes later but Eberechi Eze restored Palace's lead with a smart finish.

Edouard drove home Palace's third six minutes from time before Matheus Cunha headed a Wolves consolation in the final seconds.