'Worse than childbirth': Mum loses her entire fingernail after manicure

Warning: Graphic Image

Toni Little had a horror incident after a manicure. Photo: Caters News

A mum has shared horrifying photos online to warn others against getting fake acrylic nails.

Mum-of-two Toni Little revealed her full nail came away from her nail bed, after she accidentally sat awkwardly on her hand.

“I’ve had two children and I’d rather go through labour again,” the 25-year-old said, claiming the manicurists allegedly used super strength glue while attaching her acrylics.

“It was the most painful thing I have ever experienced.”

Toni, who likes to look after her appearance and used to wear acrylics regularly, had opted for lengthy red and silver sparkles at an independent salon in Scotland, and it was only a few weeks later the stomach-churning incident occurred.

“I know if you put too much pressure on the tip it can snap,” she said.

“I just sat on my hand awkwardly and my full nail came away from my finger, there was just flesh. I got the instant pain straight away.”

Her entire nail ripped off along with the acrylic. Photo: Caters News

Toni was unable to take care of her two daughters, aged four and two, while her nail was recovering – leaving fiancé Arron, 27, on nappy duty.

Despite been told that her nail would never grow back, nine months on it has finally begun to recover.

“I was lucky that the nail grew back but it's so weak and frail and the regrowth was so painful. My nail is absolutely ruined,” she said.

After the gruesome incident, Toni said she'll never wear false nails again and shared the stomach churning images on social media to warn other of the dangers of acrylic nails.

“I would never get acrylics done again and I wouldn't recommend anyone to get them. People should stay well away from them,” Toni added.

“Is it really worth the risk of losing your full nail and going through the unbearable pain of having your full nail ripped from its bed and having nothing but flesh on show.

“My nail will always have nerve damage and acrylics can be so dangerous for your nails. It stops them for breathing and makes them so fragile.

“I only lost one but the rest are only just getting back into good condition nine months later.”

With additional reporting by Caters News.

Got a story tip or just want to get in touch? Email us at lifestyle.tips@verizonmedia.com.

Want more lifestyle and celebrity news? Follow Yahoo Lifestyle on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

Or sign up to our daily newsletter here.