Three men convicted of murder after man, 28, stabbed to death in Westminster

(Left to right) Steven Woods, Fadel Dabbous, and Majid Kebire have been convicted of mnurder  (Met Police)
(Left to right) Steven Woods, Fadel Dabbous, and Majid Kebire have been convicted of mnurder (Met Police)

Three men have been convicted of murdering a 28-year-old man in Westminster after he reportedly witnessed another stabbing.

Adnan Saleh, 28, was subjected to a vicious pre-planned knife attack about 6.30pm on Saturday June 11, 2022.

He spent more than five months in a coma before dying in hospital as a result of his injuries.

A week prior to the attack, on June 3, Mr Saleh received messages on Snapchat alleging he had been present when another man had been stabbed.

Mr Saleh was in contact with the stabbing victim on several occasions, a court heard, and is thought to have arranged to meet him in the Paddington area.

On the evening of June 11, the man Mr Saleh had arranged to meet approached Junction Mews in Westminster, which lies between Paddington train station and Edgware Road Tube station. He arrived with 27-year-old Steve Woods, 22-year-old Majid Kebire, and 19-year-old Fadel Dabbous.

Woods and Dabbous walked ahead and entered Junction Mews, where CCTV captured Dabbous passing Woods a knife.

As Mr Saleh then entered the cul-de-sac, Woods, produced the knife and swung it at him.

Mr Saleh attempted to run away but Woods caught up to him and launched his attack with Dabbous joining in.

Kebire, of Lisson Grove, sat on a wall at the end of the mews and watched the fight develop.

He then approached the melee, produced another blade and inflicted the fatal stab wound to Mr Saleh’s collar-bone area.

Mr Saleh was eventually able to get away from his attackers, before collapsing nearby.

He was taken to hospital where doctors made numerous attempts to save him.

However, he had suffered catastrophic damage to his brain due to severe blood loss. He was in a coma for more than five months, before he died on November 29, 2022.

Woods, of Lilestone Street in Lisson Grove, and Dabbous, of Grendon Street in St John’s Wood, pleaded guilty to violent disorder when they appeared in court on September 8, 2022.

On the same date, Woods, Kebire and Dabbous each pleaded guilty to separate counts of having a bladed article, namely a knife.

Following a 22-day trial, which concluded on Friday at the Central Criminal Court, they were found guilty of murder.

They are due to be sentenced at the same court on June 27.

Detective Inspector Marcus Jones, who led the investigation for the Met’s Specialist Crime Command, said: “My thoughts are with Adnan’s family. It cannot be easy to listen to how these three men planned the last moment of their loved one’s life. I hope that their conviction can provide some comfort.”