4 egg whites
225g caster sugar
1 tsp corn flour
1 tsp Tabasco pepper sauce
300ml double cream, whipped
350g fresh ripe Bananas peeled and sliced
20ml Coffee liquor
2 tsp Tabasco Habanero pepper sauce
TOFFEE SAUCE TOPPING
50g muscovado or dark brown sugar
150ml double cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
50g walnuts, roughly chopped for the final topping
1. Heat oven to 150C/130C fan/gas 2.
2. Using a pencil, mark out the circumference of a dinner plate on baking parchment.
3. Whisk the egg whites with an electric mixer until they form stiff peaks, then whisk in the
sugar, 1 tbsp at a time, until the meringue looks thick and glossy.
4. Then whisk in the Tabasco sauce, corn flour until well incorporated.
5. Spread or pipe the meringue inside the circle, creating a basket by making the sides a little
higher than the middle.
6. Bake for 1 hour, then turn off the heat and let the Pavlova cool completely inside the oven.
7. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
8. Melt the butter and sugar together, then add the cream and vanilla extract, bring to the boil
stirring continuously until this resembles a toffee consistency, set aside to cool.
9. Whisk the cream, coffee liquor and Tabasco habanero sauce until it forms soft peaks and
spoon half into the middle of the meringue, top with the banana slices and then another layer
of whipped cream.
10. Drizzle over the cooled toffee sauce and top with the chopped walnuts.
Recipe from Gary Evans, International Corporate Chef for TABASCO to celebrate TABASCO's 150th anniversary.