As the world fully leans into video calling being our main way of communicating through the coronavirus pandemic, Prince Harry has proved this week that he is fully onboard with the change.
For the third time this week, a video of the 35-year-old former senior royal has surfaced online, after the now LA local popped up on BBC’s The One Show.
Harry spoke with the families of WWII survivors who were badly injured during combat, while also addressing how groups like The Guinea Pig Club and the CASEVAC Club can offer help for war heroes.
“Those individuals that signed up, chose to serve, then had life-changing injuries, they didn’t stop there and that’s it’s incredibly impressive but yet at the same time so incredibly uplifting,” Harry said.
Yesterday, Prince Harry praised the "resilience" of young people amid the coronavirus pandemic in a video message for the charitable organisation OnSide.
Hi guys! Just a few months ago, we were all together in London at the OnSide Youth Zones Awards and, wow, what a night that was. I remember meeting so many incredible people and hearing your stories - stories of strength, of determination, of resilience but ultimately of courage. And as I said to you on that night, and I will repeat it again, hats off to every single one of you for surviving but also for thriving,” he said.
Prince Harry gives an exclusive message to Youth Zone members as he introduces our #OnSideAwards stream, saying: “Wow, what a night that was, I remember meeting so many incredible people and hearing your stories.”— OnSide Youth Zones (@OnSideYZ) May 10, 2020
Watch it here 👉 https://t.co/7niK3BnM5h pic.twitter.com/BX1q4E8dKI
Marking what would have been the Opening Ceremony for the @InvictusGamesNL, our Patron The Duke of Sussex shares his best wishes to supporters and competitors, and outlines plans this week to bring The Hague home to you: pic.twitter.com/HLRnzCk9cu— Invictus Games Foundation (@WeAreInvictus) May 9, 2020
"These stories and these daily challenges that you guys are coming up against are unbelievable, and so many people would never understand. But you guys have the strength to pull through, and you have the support of the OnSide community, the OnSide family to help you through that process."
On Sunday, Harry shared a video on Twitter to mark what would have been the opening ceremony of the Invictus Games at The Hague in the Netherlands, which has been postponed until 2021 due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Speaking to the camera in front of a plain wall while wearing a casual black top, he said: “As we commemorate VE Day this weekend and pay tribute to the service and sacrifice of the entire Second World War generation, we should have also been gathering together in the Netherlands to kickstart the Invictus Games 2020 in The Hague.
THANK YOU to Meghan, The Duchess of Sussex (and Harry, The Duke of Sussex, behind the camera), for celebrating their son Archie’s 1st birthday by reading “Duck! Rabbit!” for #SAVEWITHSTORIES! Donate now to help kids across America: https://t.co/p7wseXv7HW Happy birthday, Archie! pic.twitter.com/BcpElEa0fp— Save the Children US (@SavetheChildren) May 6, 2020
“Life has changed dramatically for all of us since I was last in The Hague, but the IG 2020 team has done an incredible job to adapt so quickly to the situation, and they are busy putting plans in place for next year.
Last week, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle released a video of the duchess reading to their son, Archie, as they marked his first birthday.
Got a story tip or just want to get in touch? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.