There are some days......

ForumsGeneral ChatThere are some days......
Page 1 of 1
    Sort By:
    Newest First
    Oldest First
    Polly-lou
    31 Mar 2010

Sign in to report this post.

Posted Tue 15 Feb 2011 14:51
    When I dream about my life pre-kids. Just picking up and heading out when I felt like it, having money to burn, holidays, dinners.

Obviously I wouldn't change things for the world. I love my family more than life itself, but after a week of colds, flus and tonsilitis, Im a little worn out.

What do you miss about your pre-children life?
    Megan Lovell
    24 Jan 2011

Posted Wed 16 Feb 2011 13:34
    ....being able to surf everyday, not having to plan or be organized for anything, being able to be selfish guilt free. But i also wouldnt change anything for it. There are also things i dont miss, like hangovers for one!

Hang in there Polly-lou, when i reminise aobut the pre baby days i just think wow how lucky am i to have ben able to live that life, and now i get to live this whole new one! and this new life i find much more satisfying and rewarding. and well maybe new life and old life is a bit wrong, more like combined lifes 
    unk...

Posted Wed 16 Feb 2011 20:46
    Having time to myself to make phone calls, go to the toilet or do paperwork and basic housekeeping LOL
    Lynn
    31 Mar 2010

Posted Thu 17 Feb 2011 22:18
    Napping on the weekends, or spending the whole day reading in bed.

Oh and working full time and then going on kickass holidays!
    Polly-lou
    31 Mar 2010

Posted Sun 20 Feb 2011 08:56

Oooohhh reading in bed all day long Lynn thats a good one, and one I miss terribly.
    Yellow Digger
    19 Apr 2010

Posted Mon 21 Feb 2011 10:01
    I miss sleeping in and daytime naps on weekends. Also just popping out for drinks and dinner with my husband or friends without having to plan several weeks in advance and organise a babysitter and do the dinner, bath, bed routine before you go. But I wouldn't trade my current life for anything. I would be missing out on so many cuddles and smiles and comments like "Mummy you look beautiful"
    Lynn
    31 Mar 2010

Posted Mon 21 Feb 2011 22:50
    So true, YD.
    Tanya
    31 Mar 2010

Posted Mon 28 Feb 2011 20:58

Having the odd sleep-in, cooking something really complicated during the day, going to dinner or the movies (we don't really have anyone to babysit), having a quiet read, a bit of "afternoon delight" lol - so many things!
    Fee
    30 Mar 2010

Posted Mon 28 Feb 2011 23:16
    I miss sleeping in!  And just eating what I want, when I want.  Just popping out to see friends or to see a movie.
    P!nkfan
    21 Jul 2012

Posted Sat 21 Jul 2012 22:04
    I miss hubby calling and saying be ready in 20 minutes we are going out to dinner. I miss travelling, sleeping in, being spontaneous, reading a book in a week, being thin!!!!
    Peejay
    28 Jun 2009

Posted Thu 23 Aug 2012 23:09

miss going from point A to point B with perhaps the only worry about whether I should take a jacket or not. Now it's a 3-ring-circus with Miss 2 and Miss 7mths!
    Danin
    25 Jun 2009

Posted Wed 17 Oct 2012 20:17
    You made me think about my day dreams and those times when i am trying to go to sleep and want a nice fantasy in it.  

I feel guilty not putting my kids into my dreams..lol the thought of being in a romance mills and boons type dream without children makes me feel weird and guilty.

i have to be a mum in my daydreams. how sad have i become. I cannot go back and be a prechild and i am glad, i was not the me I am now, and i hate hangovers, hate being shallow and hate not having friends who are my real friends.

jade
    16 Dec 2008

Posted Wed 05 Dec 2012 00:30
    I really feel we need more blogs and information on twins would like to set up a website that aims at twins and twin mums to share information as a mum of twins would love to get partner to help any one interested in sydney area
      ForumsGeneral ChatThere are some days......