Whooping cough vaccination?

ForumsBaby stuff – The first 12 monthsWhooping cough vaccination?
Page 1 of 2
Sort By:
Newest First
Oldest First
C
27 Mar 2014

Sign in to report this post.

Posted Thu 17 Feb 2011 12:04

Have you had your baby vaccinated against whooping cough? Has everyone in contact with your baby been immunised?

Lauren Harrison
17 Feb 2011

Posted Thu 17 Feb 2011 16:03
My girl is 8 months old and has had the first 3 lots of immunisations that include the whooping cough vaccine. My husband and I got boosters a few days after her birth when we took her for her first GP visit. It was free of charge. My parents, sister and borther also got a booster a few months before she was born as did my husbands parents and his brother. It is a horrific disease that does kill babies so it was a priority for all of us.
Blueberrybeachgirl
30 Dec 2008

Posted Thu 17 Feb 2011 18:06

My daughter is immunised, but my partner and I did not have boosters, we had her 4 years ago, and i had not heard that it was a good idea to.
We found it really hard to decide if we would or not. I find that there can be legit concerns about immunisations, but there is such a lot of propaganda in anti-vaccination, and if you do a little reasearch and digging, there are definate concerns, but a heck of a lot of alarmist straight out lies as well.
Ozi Ozi Ozi
19 Dec 2008

Posted Thu 17 Feb 2011 18:10

Vacinate.... only MORONS don't.   All this dribble about the effects of the vacines is just an excuse for @%&#ic parents too lazy to get their kids immunised, or who just don't want to "be like everyone else," so put their kids and everyone elses at risk. Like I said.... MORONS.
Oz
09 Oct 2008

Posted Thu 17 Feb 2011 18:31

Why would the public health officials recommend vaccination when there is a 1 out of 1750 chance of having a severe immediate reaction to pertussis vaccine yet only 1 in 6 million chance of dying from the illness itself? 

No way in the world will I be getting vaccinated - why would I want to be injected with formaldehyde, aluminum hydroxide, aluminum phosphate, thimerosal (Mercury), polysorbate 80 and gelatin?  John - being a giant in the intellectual world, maybe you could enlighten me as to why you'd get injected with this @%&#?

Anne
17 Dec 2008

Posted Thu 17 Feb 2011 19:06

If only parents of today could see back into the past and the loss of so many babies and children to childhood diseases. Some mothers buried many children not just one. Why do you think these diseases have been kept at bay and are now creeping back into society! The lack of parents immunising. We all fill our bodies everyday with some form of chemical. Just driving in your car and in traffic will subject you to chemicals. Foods,drinks,medicines, are the same. We as parents are responisible for protecting our children and to me immunisation is one of these ways of protecting. When a child of a parent who has been anti-vaccinate dies what will the excuse be? The doctors didn't do enough? I didn't know how terrible the disease was?
Oz
09 Oct 2008

Posted Thu 17 Feb 2011 19:10
Anne - do your research - these diseases had been declining year on year up until the vaccines were introduced.  The infection rates continued to decline at the same rate as previously after introduction of vaccines.  The reason for the decline was not the vaccines, but improved sanitation and better living conditions.  Look it up - you'll be surprised what you find.
Ozi Ozi Ozi
19 Dec 2008

Posted Thu 17 Feb 2011 19:31

Good one Anne.....
@ Oz..... sanitation cleared up some deseases..... but malaria? aids? std's?   (And dozens of others).   Defiance ain't always a good thing..... 
steve

Posted Thu 17 Feb 2011 19:32

Think beyond the surface!

The article or should I say our wonderful informative mainstream media never once mentions how old the baby was, its lifestyle, its diet, who its day time carers were?

All of these things play a role into why and how the baby got sick and died.

Only fear tactics are used to provide a poor solution.

All of these are more responsible things to look at first before drugs/vaccinations are thrust upon on the uninformed.

Why would I want to put my babies solely in the hands of a trillion dollar industry when its priority is profit first and people a distant second.

Ali
09 Oct 2008

Posted Thu 17 Feb 2011 19:34
I dont care what anyone says in response to my comment. To NOT vaccinate your kids is stupid. I had a friend who's child died after contracting measles. It was a slow and very painful death which could have been avoided. All three of my kids are vaccinated, my two brothers and I were vaccinated...because I as a parent want to protect my kids from these diseases. It's parents who dont vaccinate their kids that are putting babies at risk. There was a story about it not long ago. A mother in the US refused to vaccinate her kids, her son got measles and then infected a baby, who died, then so on and so forth. 
Ali
09 Oct 2008

Posted Thu 17 Feb 2011 19:36
Oh and to mention, two years ago my mother who is almost 70 with a very low immune system caught whooping cough from someone while we were at my niece's day care centre. Hmmm makes you think doesnt it? Somone didnt get the vaccine... 
steve

Posted Thu 17 Feb 2011 19:43

Hey Ali
 Well "we do care" and are open to better solutions, than the "theory" of vaccinations.

Jenni
17 Dec 2008

Posted Thu 17 Feb 2011 19:46
Bottom line, you anti-vaccine people are relying on the majority of other people in the community to have their child/ren vaccinated so your offspring's risk of contracting a range of potentially serious diseases is minimised.

I hope you're proud of your selfishness and grateful for the generosity of the majority.
David
15 Jan 2009

Posted Thu 17 Feb 2011 19:48

Does anyone know if the baby that died was vaccinated or not?
MaidenD
17 Dec 2008

Posted Thu 17 Feb 2011 20:01
At 4 weeks old she would not have been vaccinated. My 1 yo daughter is up to date with her vaccines. I would rather be one of the 'sheep' than risk her catching a potentially deadly disease.
Free
16 Dec 2008

Posted Thu 17 Feb 2011 20:01

I have two healthy teenagers who were immunised when young.  I now question the wisdom of this due to increasing autistim in children.  I think vaccination is worthwhile with increasing immigration and illegal immigration as disease will not be monitored and therefore puts our children at great risk.  It's a 50/50 thing I feel.  Well worth questioning.
jo
09 Oct 2008

Posted Thu 17 Feb 2011 20:19
My baby has just gone through 1.5 years of cancer treatment including stem cell transplant and is now cancer free but needs immunisations again. After being in hospital with my son for a long time and watching many cancer patients dying from diseases because they were not able to be vaccinated yet, My son is definatly getting vaccinated. Meanwhile we have to stay clear of places where there are children that may not have been vaccinated as it puts my son at risk. 
Anita
22 Aug 2010

Posted Thu 17 Feb 2011 20:29

So agree with you Anne it was and is through the compulsry vacc schemes there was a decline in all these deadly diseaes,funny how they are all coming back through the choice to vaccinate or not plus the amount of migrants (not blaming them ) but they dont have the resources we do .I dont think anyone has the right to infect my children just because they wont have there vaccination the risk of a reaction is 1 in a million and yes I risked my children so that they didnt put other children or them at risk .These vaccinations are not made for fun or profit ( I never paid ) and I believe they are still free.
M
17 Dec 2008

Posted Thu 17 Feb 2011 20:53

Not made for profit, you didn't pay? Of course you paid... through your TAXES. The govt. pays the pharmaceutical companies, the pharmaceutical companies make the profit.
Anyway, pro-vaccination or anti-vaccination... all I advise is to do your research and check the source of your research (eg. WHO has funded the outcome?). And PLEASE stop assuming that only unvaccinated people get the disease... you are still at risk even if you're vaccinated!
And to just reply to the accusation that all parents of unvaccinated children are lazy.... most of us have put many hours into our research and know much more about the pro's and con's of this subject than the majority of the parents with vaccinated children!
ForumsBaby stuff – The first 12 monthsWhooping cough vaccination?