Ginger babies 'harder to love': Brit reality star hits out

July 11, 2013, 10:10 amYahoo!7

Katie Hopkins, a former UK Apprentice star, doesn't want ginger babies (and she judges children by their names)

Ginger babies harder to love : Brit reality star hits out
Parents
(1.25)

Getty Images

Controversial former UK Apprentice star launches attack on ginger-haired babies

Katie Hopkins was well known in the UK after appearing on the 2007 season of Apprentice but now she's famous for her bigotry and snobbery against little children.

Last week she appeared on the English breakfast show This Morning saying she judged children by their first name and if they sounded 'lower class' she wouldn't allow them to play with her own kids.

She singled out names like Chantelle, Charmaine, Chardonnay and Tyler. She tweeted:

‘I think you can tell a great deal from a name...there’s certain names that I hear and I think “urgh”. For me, a name is a shortcut of finding out what class a child comes from and makes me ask: “Do I want my children to play with them?”

Related: Baby name trends for 2013

But this week she tweeted: 'Ginger babies. Like a baby. Just so much harder to love.'

She followed it up with this tweet:

In an interview with OK! magazine she made no secret of the fact she didn't want ginger children, saying that it was front of mind when she gave birth to her youngest child, son Max.

'That was the first question I asked when I gave birth to [him]: "Is he ginger?" There's nothing worse than a ginger boy especially in the young years.'

She has since repeated her opinion on an English television show which led to a tirade of disgust and outrage on Twitter, including celebrity Kelly Osbourne:

But it's not just children she attacks, Hopkins also attacks other mothers with tweets like this
and

Related: Celeb mums and their ginger babies

1. CATHERINE04:48am Wednesday 24th July 2013 ESTReport Abuse

judging from her family photos they are hardly perfect looking, she needs to have a good look in the mirror wicked witch of the west springs to mind.

2. Honest Mike03:55am Friday 12th July 2013 ESTReport Abuse

Her complaint about red heads is bizarre, but I can see PART of her point about SOME odd kids' names. You can wager that the parents of a Destiny or a Chardonnay are 'white trash' and the kid will more likely be a bad influence. There are books that explain why those sorts f parents choose to name their kids so stupidly. I know there's a 'Deztny' at the local school - you guessed it - white trash mother, and poorly behaved kid.

3. Kerry03:35am Friday 12th July 2013 ESTReport Abuse

Why is this woman getting all of this press and attention? Just shun her. She has nothing of value to say and people should let her know this in as obvious a way as possible.

4. Max Dillon02:27am Friday 12th July 2013 ESTReport Abuse

show of hands for who gives a #$%$

5. Bette12:18am Friday 12th July 2013 ESTReport Abuse

Didn't Hitler have problems with babies with certain names and hair colour???

6. Peta11:37pm Thursday 11th July 2013 ESTReport Abuse

sterilise katie hopkins and sew her mouth up, does this world really want her up on her soap box!!

7. Mark11:08pm Thursday 11th July 2013 ESTReport Abuse

she has her head up her arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrs

8. That dude10:58pm Thursday 11th July 2013 ESTReport Abuse

@QueenM - to a new country where they did not judge people by their class? Are you kidding? Or are you not incuding the slavery of Africans? Or the natives they displaced when they got their? Now I'm wondering why I gave you my time. Peanut.

9. QueenM10:44pm Thursday 11th July 2013 ESTReport Abuse

It's no wonder Brits who would have despised people like her, left the UK all those years ago and headed to the new land of USA in order to to create a new country of people who did not judge people on their class. She is repugnant, repulsive, despicable and disgraceful. People like her should be ignored at all costs because the consequences of her biases are massive and unjust and hurtful. An absolute disgrace to humanity!!! Why does anyone give her any airtime?

what is in this issue