The string of division reorganizations at NBCUniversal that started this past summer with the leadership transition following CEO Jeff Shell’s exit continues.
On Thursday, Peacock’s marketing team was realigned by Shannon Willett, who joined the company last year as Chief Marketing Officer. It follows yesterday’s shakeup at NBCUniversal’s ad sales division.
More from Deadline
A number of positions, said to be less than 50, have been eliminated as a result of the two reorgs, sources tell Deadline. More than 20 new positions are being created to fit into the new structure and direction.
In a company memo (read it below), Willett laid out the new Peacock marketing organizational structure, divided into five areas: Brand Creative and Marketing; Title Creative and Marketing; Strategy, Planning, Analysis and Performance Media led by Nic Julich; Growth and Lifecycle Marketing led by Anna Frost; and Publicity, Events and Talent Engagement led by Shannon Buck.
In the email, Willett also acknowledged the ongoing layoffs.
In addition to the Peacock marketing and NBCU ad sales, NBCU’s Research and Decision Sciences operation also recently underwent a restructuring, resulting into staff reductions.
Here is Willett’s email:
I’m reaching out today to share an update on the Peacock Marketing organization. Given Peacock’s growth trajectory and the shifting landscape around us, we’ve spent a lot of time over the past year thinking about what we can do as a team to better support the business. Through that process, we recognized an opportunity to reimagine the way we work to drive the next phase of Peacock’s growth. Today we’re announcing an evolved Marketing structure that will enable us to work smarter, bringing more expertise and strategy in-house, and move faster by breaking down silos and deepening collaboration across our team and with our key partners.
Our new organization will be focused on five core pillars, each with a direct impact on business strategy: Brand Creative and Marketing; Title Creative and Marketing; Marketing Strategy, Planning, Analysis and Performance Media; Growth and Lifecycle Marketing; and Publicity, Events and Talent Engagement. We heard from many of you as well as our partners that our structure was complex, and are confident that this streamlined approach will help us simplify our processes, accelerate decision making and expose us to a deeper array of marketing skillsets to learn and grow in our careers.
Here is an overview of our new structure and the five business areas reporting into me:
· Brand Creative and Marketing: This new pillar will be responsible for brand positioning, strategy, and design identity, led by the EVP of Brand Creative and Marketing, a new leadership role for which we are hiring.
· Title Creative and Marketing: This new team will oversee planning and execution for our Peacock scripted, unscripted and film single-title campaigns and will be led by the SVP of Title Creative and Marketing, a new leadership role for which we’re hiring.
· Strategy, Planning, Analysis and Performance Media: Nic Julich will continue to lead this team with a broader scope, focusing on data-informed decisions and testing across the marketing organization, as well as performance media.
· Growth and Lifecycle Marketing: Anna Frost will continue to lead this expanded team, which will serve as the main hub for our ongoing marketing efforts focused on subscriber acquisition, engagement and retention.
· Publicity, Events and Talent Engagement: This team will continue to be led by Shannon Buck, and encompasses series and film publicity, events and talent engagement, all of which remain key drivers of our overall brand and business.
As you may have heard, we have some colleagues leaving the company as a result of this restructure and we have held discussions with these team members today. Additionally, we will also be hiring for key new roles, including at senior levels, to support the newly aligned team.
As we move through this transition, we will continue to share as much as we can about what is changing, how it impacts you and the opportunities we have ahead.
Best of Deadline