North's Tarryn Thomas returns to AFL fray
The AFL exile is over for North Melbourne's troubled utility Tarryn Thomas.
The 23-year-old's career was in the balance after he was stood down by the club for a second time in March amid concerns about his behaviour towards women.
Thomas, who hasn't played an AFL game since round 15 last year, is returning to the elite program on Monday afternoon with the backing of teammates and Kangaroos hierarchy.
North's co-captain Jy Simpkin says he's comfortable with Thomas returning.
"He is coming into the club later on today," Simpkin told reporters on Monday.
"Tarryn has done everything he can outside the club to continue to get better and work off and tick off what he had to.
"I spoke to him a few times and I'm comfortable with where he's at and looking forward to having him back."
Coach Alastair Clarkson last Friday said Thomas had been "progressing really well with the program that was put in place for him in the last four to six weeks".
Thomas was charged in January with threatening to distribute an intimate image and faced court in March. The case will return to Broadmeadows Magistrates' Court on July 18.
In February, he faced two counts of violating a court order but those charges were dropped.
In March, North reported further allegations of inappropriate behaviour involving Thomas to the AFL's integrity unit.
Last month, the 57-gamer was fined $5000 by the club, which made him donate a further $5000 to road safety, after posting a video to social media showing him behind the wheel of his drifting Mercedes with his feet on the dashboard.
Thomas is due to face court later this year on an unrelated charge of driving with a suspended licence.