Subscribe to The Yahoo Sports NFL Podcast
Lies, deception, half-truths, bad weather and the 40-yard dash. It's just another year at the NFL scouting combine. Terez Paylor and Charles Robinson report on everything they've been seeing and hearing from coaches, executives and the incoming rookie class at the league's annual winter gathering in Indianapolis.
First, they give the latest on the new CBA between the owners and the NFLPA. As players are expected to vote on the new deal as early as Thursday, the guys break down the immense amount of money that may flow into the league as a result, why players are split on it, and how the 2020 agreement may all be a stepping stone to an even more lucrative 2030 agreement (1:55).
Also on the show:
- What will Kansas City do with limited cap space and impending deals for Patrick Mahomes, Chris Jones and Frank Clark? (15:10)
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers HC Bruce Arians drops Philip Rivers name as a potential Winston replacement. (17:30)
- Carolina Panthers reportedly open to trade for most of their roster. What will they do with Cam and could they trade up for Tua? (21:25)
- What will Washington & Detroit do with second and third overall picks? (25:45)
- LSU outside linebacker Patrick Queen is shooting up draft boards. (27:50)
- What will Gettleman do with Giants’ fourth overall draft pick? (30:35)
- Does LSU have the most stacked draft class this year? (33:00)
- Georgia's Jake Fromm is making an impression in Indianapolis, despite his hand size. (41:00)
- What round will former Oklahoma and Alabama QB Jalen Hurts be drafted? (42:35)
- Who will turn out to be the better Alabama WR: Jerry Jeudy or Henry Ruggs III? (47:00)
- One colossus stands above the rest of the offensive line class (50:30)
Stay up to date with the latest NFL news and coverage from Yahoo Sports on Twitter @YahooSportsNFL.
Follow Charles @CharlesRobinson
Follow Terez @TerezPaylor
Tag your questions for the guys on Twitter with #YahooNFLPodcast