Ronn Moss tells: Why I really quit The Bold and the Beautiful

Ronn Moss: Why I really quit The Bold and the Beautiful

December 4, 2012, 11:56 amnewidea

He exits the show today – and he’s finally opening up about why.

Ronn Moss tells: Why I really quit The Bold and the Beautiful
Celebrity News
(2.33)

He’s been part of our lives for over 25 years, as he played daytime TV hunk Ridge Forrester on The Bold and the Beautiful.

But as Ronn Moss’s character departs Aussie screens today, the actor has finally revealed the real reasons for his departure.

While confessing that he was asked to take a sizeable pay cut, the star says that a horrific car accident was the real impetus behind his shock decision – which has left many fans wondering about the future of the show.

‘I haven’t had a chance to do a lot of things because I’d chosen to dedicate my life to Bold,’ he tells New Idea of his shock decision to quit.

‘That, and negotiations for a new contract that wanted me to take a sizeable pay cut for doing the work I had done for 25 years.’

Memories! Ronn Moss has played the central role in one of the most drama-filled love triangles of TV history. Source: Getty

When Ronn and wife Devin were involved in a serious car accident, he saw it as a sign to do something else with his life.

‘[The accident] literally turned us around. It was all very symbolic,’ he says.

‘And it made me realise, now is the time to take my life back. I’m lucky to even have my life.’

RELATED: Ronn Moss's Aussie honeymoon!

Adding to the drama of Ronn’s decision to leave was an announcement by co-star Susan Flannery – who plays his mother Stephanie on the show – that she also wanted out.

The love triangle pose for another photos for their 6000th episode in 2011. Source: Getty

‘She had her own reasons,’ Ronn says cryptically. ‘I won’t say what they are.’

But according to US reports, those reasons include the producers’ decision to base most of the show’s recent plots around the younger characters – particularly a love triangle involving Hope, Liam and Steffy.

CELEBRITY PHOTOS: Surprise, I'm 50!

While Ronn won’t be drawn on talk of cast discontent about the direction of the show, he confesses to New Idea that some past plotlines left him raising his eyebrows – including one with incestuous overtones.

When asked about the most shocking plotline from his 25 years on the show, Ronn doesn’t hesitate.

‘When Bridget, my presumed daughter, got all of sudden enamored with Ridge. I delivered her in the Big Bear Cabin thinking she was my daughter, found out she was my dad’s daughter, then found out that I was not biologically related to her at all because I turned out to be Massimo Marone’s son instead of Eric’s,’ he says.

GALLERY: The rise of the pillow face

‘As soon as Bridget finds out she’s not biologically related to Ridge, she all of a sudden became enamored with him.

'That was creepy to play on a lot of different levels. You know what the creepiest thing of it all was? Half the audience really liked it.’

1. Sandra3 days agoReport Abuse

I never thought Ronn Moss was good looking, but he was Ridge for so long he's all we knew. His acting was good, but this new Ridge just isn't cutting it so far. Maybe after some time I will get used to him. But I too would like Ronn Moss back. Pay him what he wants

2. Shirley06:22am Friday 04th April 2014 ESTReport Abuse

Can't stand the new Ridge.......BAD ACTING....dirty, greasy, stringy hair, scruffy unkempt beard, black clothes.....his voice is annoying.....doesn't hold a candle to the old Ridge....can't imagine Brooke or Katie being in love with this person......Ridge was believable...clean, well kept, designer clothes, looked the part of a wealty person......Thorsten Kaye looks like he came from the streets of Paris....send him back.....but then, he really isn't a FORRESTER.....he is starting to look like Masimo as he ages....:(

3. Grace02:44pm Thursday 03rd April 2014 ESTReport Abuse

I do not care for the new Ridge. He should at least get a haircut!

4. DeeDee07:59am Tuesday 25th March 2014 ESTReport Abuse

I LIKE the new guy and I hope Brooke gets everything that is coming to her!! She has been with every man on the show...hmmm... reminds me of Riva on Guiding Light!!

5. Carol Tucker06:50pm Saturday 22nd March 2014 ESTReport Abuse

I want the original wonderful and very handsome and talented (Ron Moss) to return as Ridge. The new one just is not cutting it. Come on Ron, please return

6. Laura06:49pm Thursday 20th March 2014 ESTReport Abuse

I don't think the new Ridge is right. I hope Ronn decides to come back in the future.

7. Jacquelyn Simmons10:16am Saturday 08th March 2014 ESTReport Abuse

A comment was made on another site that Moss has such model good looks. Moss has had so much surgery until his face looks almost sculpted which is really weird because parts of his face do not move.

8. Mary02:37am Friday 07th March 2014 ESTReport Abuse

I miss Ron playing Ridge! The new guy is not hot enough. Pay Ron whatever it takes to bring him back! Get someone cuter to play Thorne's daughter. Thorne and his wife are both gorgeous. Their daughter would not look like that.

2 Replies
  9. Lolapop04:09am Monday 03rd March 2014 ESTReport Abuse

I have watched B& B for atleast 20 years. I'm trying to get used to the new Ridge. After all, I watched Thorsten Kaye for years as Zach Slater on AMC. I loved him in that role. But as for playing Ridge, I wish they would have written Ridge out and brought Thorsten on as his 1/2 brother from Massimo.

10. Sue05:05am Saturday 01st March 2014 ESTReport Abuse

I love love love the new Ridge, sexy kind of edgy looking. Ron Moss bless his heart just wasn't a very good actor, no depth.