- 8 serves
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 450g boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into small pieces
- 450g minced chicken
- 200g green chillies, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 4 cups low-salt chicken stock
- 1 can (400g) cannellini beans, drained
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Your choice of chopped coriander, grated cheese, diced onion, sour cream and sliced jalapeños, for serving
Saute the aromatics
- Heat the oil in a large pan on medium. Add the onion and garlic and cook until the onion is translucent; about three minutes. Raise the heat to medium-high and add the chicken pieces, minced chicken, chillies and spices. Saute until the chicken is mostly cooked through; about five minutes.
Add liquid and beans
- Add the chicken stock and beans, scraping the bottom of the pan to loosen any browned bits. Bring the mixture to a boil, then lower the heat to a simmer.
Simmer the chilli
- Cook the chilli, uncovered, for 20 minutes - or longer if you have the patience. Taste the chilli and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper. Serve with your choice of garnishes.
PER SERVING: 1128 kilojoules, 26 grams protein, 11g carbohydrates, 3g fibre, 13g fat, 285 milligrams sodium