TikTok users dumbfounded by man's 'horrifying' workplace mix-up: 'How did you not know?'

Dillon Thompson
·2-min read

How much hollandaise sauce is too much hollandaise sauce? It’s likely a question none of us ever have — or will — need to ask ourselves. 

Unfortunately, it’s a question TikTok user @pbnjonny had to answer the hard way. The TikToker is leaving users on the app seriously grossed out thanks to his “horrifying” food mistake

As @pbnjonny explains in his now-viral TikTok, a confusion at work led to him accidentally eating nothing but hollandaise sauce for an entire week. The results were about as catastrophic as you might expect.

The incident, according to @pbnjonny, took place when he was in college. At the time, he worked as a bartender at a restaurant where the chefs would often leave the staff bowls of extra food. 

One week, @pbnjonny started taking home bowls of a delicious “soup” — which he ate multiple times a day. As it turns out, the soup was definitely not soup.

“I was obsessed,” @pbnjonny said of the mysterious snack.

This content is not available due to your privacy preferences.
Update your settings here to see it.

The TikToker continued by saying that, despite his love for the “soup,” he eventually started to get “really sick.” A few days later, he returned to work and attended a staff meeting.

At the meeting, @pbnjonny’s managers asked if anyone knew why several containers of hollandaise sauce had gone missing from the kitchen. That’s when the TikToker realized his mistake. 

“So it turns out, I was consuming bowl after bowl after bowl of straight-up hollandaise sauce,” @pbnjonny said. “That’s why I got super sick.”

For the unfamiliar, hollandaise is an extremely heavy sauce made of egg yolks, butter and lemon juice — meaning it has a lot in common with mayonnaise. Some experts believe the sauce is actually unsafe to eat regardless of the quantity. 

Naturally, TikTok users had some pretty strong reactions to @pbnjonny’s story. Many were shocked or very, very grossed out. 

“This made me ill,” one commenter wrote

“How did you not know?” another asked.

“I’m just glad your heart didn’t stop,” another added

Other TikTokers were more empathetic. Some even took the opportunity to share their own food horror stories.

“Omg I actually did the same thing when my grandmother made gravy,” one user confessed

“I did this recently and thought it was the best beer cheese soup I’d ever had,” another admitted

Tech gifts under $100:

In The Know is now available on Apple News — follow us here!

If you liked this story, check out this article on this “secret” Chick-fil-A menu hack.

More from In The Know:

Olivia Jade slammed on TikTok for saying she was “publicly shamed”

These trendy candles will liven up your home with bold scents and colors

Board-certified gynecologist shares what to expect ahead of your first visit

The Baby Yoda ColourPop eyeshadow palette is here — and it’s adorableShare

The post Man stuns TikTok with ‘horrifying’ story of his biggest home cooking mistake appeared first on In The Know.