An 18-year-old man has been arrested by police after reportedly filming himself bursting into London homes for TikTok videos.
A Met spokesman said the unnamed teenager was arrested on suspicion of causing a public nuisance on Monday evening. He remains in police custody.
It comes after a recent incident, in an undisclosed location in London, where three teenage boys left a couple terrified after forcefully storming into their home.
The TikTok video captures the group walking past a woman in the front yard who shouts for her partner as they walk through the unlocked front door and enter her home.
The man confronts the intruders, desperately pleading with them to leave.
But one of the boys ignores his pleas and inquires “Is this where the study group is?” before taking a seat on the living room sofa.
It is only when the man reveals that he has children that the group decide to vacate the premises.
In another video, the YouTuber appears to snatch an elderly lady’s dog before running away laughing.
He also appears to approach and ask random women at Stoke Newington Overground station if they want to die.
The Met spokesman announcing the arrest: “The arrest follows an investigation into social media footage which featured a number of incidents, including apparently unsolicited approaches made towards members of the public in the street or on transport, and entering addresses without the apparent permission of the owners.”
DCS James Conway said: “I do not underestimate the widespread upset, distress and concern that these videos caused.
“Some people have referred to these as ‘prank’ videos, but I hope that this significant development demonstrates just how seriously we have been taking this investigation since this footage began circulating online.
“A number of these videos were produced, impacting on many different people and our investigation remains ongoing as we seek to build a strong picture of both the activity featured in the footage and impact on the public.”
British Transport Police added: “We’re aware of a number of incidents involving an 18-year-old man on social media.
“Last month we made an arrest in connection and we’re now aware of an incident at #StokeNewington which we’re investigating.
“We’ll be working closely with our colleagues at the @metpoliceuk.”