Advertisement

Jeremy Renner attempts first jog four months after freak snow plough accident

Jeremy Renner has attempted his first jog after he survived being crushed by a 14,000 pound snow plough on New Year’s Day.

The Marvel star, 52, has documented his recovery on social media in light of the freak accident, which left him with more than 30 broken bones.

Now updating his Instagram 20 million followers on his recovery, he posted a video of himself exercising on an anti-gravity treadmill for the first time since the incident.

The Hawkeye actor wrote alongside the clip: “First attempt at a very light jog with weight assisted lift for the broken tibia. Pain is progress for me”.

Earlier this month, the Hollywood star revealed that he is making “great progress” as he posted a photo of his lower body during a physical therapy session.

The Bourne Legacy alum wrote in the social media post: “Lower pain levels mark great progress.”

Renner updated his Instagram followers on his progress (Instagram/Jeremy Renner)
Renner updated his Instagram followers on his progress (Instagram/Jeremy Renner)

In another post at the time, he said his body was “miraculous” for how it was recovering, although conceded: “Even though I feel like the Tin Man, needing oil for all my new joints.”

Renner was crushed by his own six-tonne snowploughing machine on January 1 as he tried to help his nephew near to his US home.

The actor broke over 30 bones in the incident and was air-lifted to hospital in Reno, Nevada.

He recently attended his first red carpet event since the the accident using a cane and a motorised scooter.

Speaking at the premiere of his Disney+ show Rennervations in Los Angeles, Renner admitted he looked “a little beat up” but said the show was “propelling” him to get better.

“I set out a goal to be walking this carpet. And here I am enjoying it,” he told Variety. “Otherwise it would have gone to an abyss with no date and lost traction and excitement and I would have been very, very, very frustrated.

“I’m very excited right now because we’re here.”

Speaking about his plans to return to acting, he told The Hollywood Reporter: “I’ll always be busy doing things I love to do.

“I’ll be a little bit more focused on the things that really have value and matter to me … and I’ve got to appreciate my amazing fans because they end up loving the things that I do”.