George Calombaris has shared a scary but all-too-relatable parenting moment after a trip to Emergency with one of his two children resulted in a surprising X-Ray discovery.
Sharing the photo to Instagram this morning, Calombaris shared a snap of the X-Ray that helped hospital staff discover one of his kids had swallowed a metal marble.
“The joys of parenting. My poor little one accidentally ingested a metal marble!” he wrote in the image’s caption.
The X-Ray shows the offending marble lodged in the kid’s tummy, clearly visible as a small round circle.
The embattled celebrity chef thanked hospital staff for their care, before adding a comment that we’re pretty sure this kid is going to melt with embarrassment over as a teen.
“Geez I love this kid. Now let’s wait for it to pass,” he wrote next to a poo emoji.
The post attracted a flurry of well-wishes from celebrity pals and concerned fans alike.
Some were expressions of heart-felt concern.
“Oh no...that’s dreadful! Wishing speedy recovery to the little one,” one fan wrote.
“Oh dear!” another commiserated.
Others saw the more humorous side to the situation.
“Make sure it doesn’t break your toilet bowl,” celebrity chef pal Manu Fiedel wrote.
A rough week for George
It’s been a rough few days for George after reports surfaced today that the chef would be cut from the former MasterChef trio in a new deal with Seven.
According to the report, Matt Preston and Gary Mehigan have been secured for a rival TV cooking series to MasterChef for Seven, but embattled hospitality giant George isn’t invited to the table.
MasterChef Australia was rocked in July when George, Gary, and Matt left the show following a ten-year run after they failed to secure a significant pay rise from the network.
According to the Herald Sun however, only the two have been invited to jump ship for sweeter shores. George has been well and truly left behind.
The paper reports that at next week’s Seven upfronts a new project with Matt and Gary, former darlings of Channel 10 will be announced, and George will not be a part of the new venture.
It may have something to do with the fact he was fined over $200k for underpaying hospitality staff in his chain of restaurants, or a contracting detail that potentially prevents him from embarking on new projects for an extended ‘holding period’.
Got a story tip? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or sign up to our daily newsletter here.