I have a slipped band - yay!!

ForumsLap Band SurgeryI have a slipped band - yay!!
Page 1 of 1
    Sort By:
    Newest First
    Oldest First
    Lilly
    09 Oct 2008

Sign in to report this post.

Posted Sun 13 Feb 2011 15:36
    Ive had a flipped port, now a slipped band!

Well, after 12 months of no restriction and reflux, I finally had a gastroscope yesterday and ive got bad gastritis and my stomach has slipped up thru my band causing a large pouch.... the whole thing is inflammed and generally p#$%ed off.  

so surgery for me next week to fix it.

my symptoms were - bad reflux (like.. bad), PBing/sliming in my sleep and a LOT of burping....and no restriction. 
    No pain whatsoever, no problems with my port or port site.

I havent slept more than 5-6hrs each night for the past 6 weeks or so which is very unusual for me - I slept 11 hours last night! I am actually relieved something has been found and can be fixed - its better than thinking im slightly crazy and exaggerating that there might be something wrong.  Ive known something hasnt been right for the past 12 months. 

Im must the the only person who is actually glad to have my surgeon find my band has slipped!  now i can get it fixed and move on.

(ive been banded 2.5 years)

~ Lilly
    judy
    18 Dec 2008

Posted Fri 18 Feb 2011 09:13

hi LillyNo your not the only one I had the same problem with my band and it took a year for them to agree that my band needed replcing , it was done on wednsday and home yesterday also done my port as it was on the srangest angle so all done hoping band number 2 will go better been banded for 3 years went from 116kgs down to 86kgs then up to 101kgs at time of op was 96kgs after doing optifast for 2 weeks .Hope your op goes well and things work out fine for you.
    Judy
    Elizabeth
    18 Dec 2008

Posted Sat 19 Feb 2011 11:27

Far out Lilly you havent had much luck. Hope fully getting this fixed will get you back on track and losing weight again. It annoys me when docs dont seem to listen when we try to tell them that something doesnt seem right and they just keep making excuses or fobbing it off. We know our bodies better than anyone else so we should know how to read it!!
    I hope all goes well for your op and this time everything stays good for the long term.
    All we want is too lose weight to live a longer more prosperous life...so why do some of us have so much trouble attaining this??? Beats me!!!
    Liz
    lady
    08 Oct 2008

Posted Sat 19 Feb 2011 16:03

i am having the same problems Lily, its only been 8 months for me. I throw up in my sleep, I wake up choking.Did you have that also? My port has moved up.
    Mary-Anne
    08 Oct 2008

Posted Sat 19 Feb 2011 17:17

I wonder what the relation is between a " too tight" band opposed to a slacker band in getting these problems.
    my band is not tight and I haven't had any problems so far unless I don't chew
    Twinkle
    09 Oct 2008

Posted Sun 20 Feb 2011 00:03
    Mary

I've been banded 6 years. I've always had a loose band and can eat much more than a bandster should be able to.  I'm unable to have anything but a loose band due to severe reflux if I have extra fill but my band slipped and I had to have it repositioned.

Leanne
      ForumsLap Band SurgeryI have a slipped band - yay!!
      Sign in to post and view your settings
      New User? Sign up

Latest

Top Rated

Most Discussed