ForumsLap Band SurgeryDecember 2010 Bandits
Page 1 of 5
Sort By:
Newest First
Oldest First
craftycowcards

Sign in to report this post.

Posted Sat 15 Jan 2011 03:47

Hi Rob, I had 6mls put in on Wednesday.  Was dissapointed that I had to go back on to liquids for a couple of days, but I am looking forward to solids again on the weekend.
bla...

Posted Fri 14 Jan 2011 21:28

Hi all,

Sorry I haven't been on for a while but have been at banding together more as it is easier to use.

Anyway, had my first fill today. Doctor did it under a scanner. He had to poke and prod me heaps as he had difficulty accessing the port. Apparently it is in a strange position.

He put in 1 mL eventually. However, I don't think it is doing much. But I suppose you have to start somewhere. I have another fill in 3 weeks.

On a good note my doctor was happy with my loss since the operation. Especially since I had no fill and it was christmas.

Rob
wen...

Posted Tue 11 Jan 2011 23:46

Hi Donna
I am the same as you - have been able to eat lumpy stuff & feeling like snacking for the past week.  Having my first fill next week on 19th. Looking forward to it.
On plus side I have lost 8kg since starting Opti, and that is without too much exercise. But I must get onto that but I have been using my recovery time to do some other stuff around home.

Cheers, Wendy
craftycowcards

Posted Sat 08 Jan 2011 15:50

Where is everyone??????

Had to start antibiotics for the site area, just not healing.

But finally, the scales have moved down a notch, its been over 2 weeks and now it has gone down a bit.  Feeling very relieved about that.
Missed Konga last night because off the infection which I was dissapointed about - which for me is amazing coz I dislike exercise with a passion - so I am looking forward to healing and getting back to it.

First fill on Wednesday, looking forward to it!!!!  It will be nice not to get so hungry again. It was nice for a few weeks not to be constantly obsessing about what I was going to eat next meal before I had even finished the one I was eating!!!!!!

Anyway, best wishes to you all out there, I hope you all are doing well.

Donna
anna.cahill

Posted Thu 06 Jan 2011 08:57
So am I .....and I can eat quite alot.......is this normal????
Can't wait till my fill on the 20th!!!!

craftycowcards

Posted Wed 05 Jan 2011 17:15

Hungry, hungry,  hungry, all the time  :(
craftycowcards

Posted Tue 04 Jan 2011 11:21

Its 4 weeks tomorrow for me also.  I haven't been able to budge any weight for 2 weeks either.  Haing problems with the port site area, the site is not healing like the other areas and is still sore.  1st fill on the 12th.  Went to an exercise class last night and had alot of fun, first time doing Konga, a bit like Zumba.  I hope that will help the weight loss start up again.
anna.cahill

Posted Mon 03 Jan 2011 21:44

Hi Everyone
Hope you all had a nice xmas....and happy new year!!!!!
Its been 4 weeks tommorrow since I was banded ....I have not lost any weight in the last 2 weeks!!!! I am having my first fill in a few weeks and I can't wait as I need it. Have been pretty bad over xmas & new year I'm really glad its all over and done with so I can focus and start exercising. I have lost 9 kilos since opti, need to get things moving again. I am pretty much eating everything now....I have not had any trouble as I eat small amounts and chew, chew, chew. However I am finding it hard not to drink while eating. Its going to be a hard one to break. Anyways hope you are all doing well.
:)
craftycowcards

Posted Thu 30 Dec 2010 15:02

Hi everyone, how did you all cope over christmas????
It certainly wasn't fun but I managed.

Finding it hard to drink my 2 litres, I feel bloated alot and then nauseous.

My weight loss has come to a grinding halt.....not sure why coz I sure aren't eating much, I guess my body is in survival mode and is storing every morsel it gets.  Also suffering terribly from constipation even though I am drinking prune juice every day and eating a little tin of baked beans daily. 

Can't wait till the 12th for my check up and fill and I hope to have a good chat with the dietician.

Cheers,
Donna
michelle
09 Oct 2008

Posted Thu 30 Dec 2010 08:47
JP if you are tired on the optifast take a multi vitamin, and i also take vit B + it will help boost your energy levels. I am battling chronic fatigue a side effect of my lupus, and so as I am on the waiting list and on optifast I take them to stop me feeling even worse than usual.
All the best for your surgery
michelle
michelle
09 Oct 2008

Posted Mon 27 Dec 2010 15:36
Hi Kaz I am in Launy too and waiting for a jan banding I hope they dont put mine off as I've been on the optifast for 4 weeks, and i havejust about had enough of vegies, even though I love them. I hope you have your surgery soon, mine is supposed to be mid Jan??? Has anyone mentioned money during your pre op visits?? thanx.
Shelley
ru4...

Posted Fri 24 Dec 2010 22:33
Hi Ann,

I was banded 2 weeks ago and have started using the Treadmill again. I was advised that I could start on the Treadmill on the 2nd week BUT not to go gung @%&# at all and just take it easy for the 1st week. I started off on 20 minutes and am now up to 45 minutes but only on a speed of 5.6km/h and no incline.

Were you using the inclince on the Treadmill? My Surgeon advised that will require more stomach muscle use that just flat walking so to ensure I stick to flat walking for the 1st 2-3 weeks.

I have felt great being able to exercise again and havent had any issues with it.

Cheers,
Paul.
wen...

Posted Fri 24 Dec 2010 16:52

Merry Christmas to all!  Lucky you guys who are on mushies for Christmas - at least you can mush up a bit of turkey & veg & gravy!  I am busy making turkey vegetable soup today for tomorrow.

I have just had the tomato beef soup from the Knife, Fork & Band cookbook - it is like having spaghetti bolognaise sauce soup!  It is the first bit of red meat I've had in 3 weeks, so I hpe it doesn't upset the tummy.

Ann, you probably have just used some muscles that haven't been used in a while - best idea is don't overdo it - I hope the tenderness eases soon.

Wendy
Ann
08 Oct 2008

Posted Fri 24 Dec 2010 08:43
Hi everyone.
Merry Christmas to you all.

Hopped on the treadmill the other day.  Was so excited that I wasn't short of breath as I had been the last time I got on (ages and ages ago) that I think I overdid it.  Did 30 minutes throughout the day and was groovin to my MP3 as well.  Since then have had a tender tummy and worried I've done some damage.  Can anyone shed any light for me so I can relax over Christmas.

Cheers
Ann
ru4...

Posted Tue 21 Dec 2010 10:37
Rob,

That monster chocolate cookie sounds nice .. I am lucky I am not a big chocolate fan myself but we have had to remove all cakes from the house. When it comes to cakes I have no control and dont know what it is about them, I cant just eat a slice, oh no, I eat a whole cake!

I will be starting my mushies on Xmas day which is 1 day before I should and the Surgeon has said thats totally ok, just not alot and take it slowly. Have already made some spaghetti bol, mince chow mein and chicken stir fry .. been blending away over the last couple of days, its all in the freezer now in little servings. Definately looks like a weird baby food though .. I just hope it tastes good as I am looking forward to something more than fluids.

Paul :)
Ann
08 Oct 2008

Posted Tue 21 Dec 2010 10:36
Hi Everyone
I hear ya Rob.  Day 7 of mushies and I'm hungry half of the time.  It's a real trial trying what to work out what to mush.  Brekky is oats.  easy! Lunch is usually tuna and avocado.  mmmm.   But dinner - ?????????  And if I'm out it's even harder.  Soooo over it. 
1 day early won't matter.  I had a similar discussion with my surgeon. But mine was just because I was ready to move on. 

Have a good day.
bla...

Posted Tue 21 Dec 2010 09:37

Hi everyone,
I am on day 13 and am getting very hungry now. Fluids also just not cutting it anymore for me. I am going to go to mushies tomorrrow. A day early but better than cracking totally and doing something I regret because yesterday I had some serious thoughts about eating chocolate coookie monster style, that was in my cupboard (which I haven't touched in the 5 weeks they have been in there).

hope everyone else is doing well.

Rob
craftycowcards

Posted Tue 21 Dec 2010 00:56

Its day 12 post banding and I am beginning to feel hungry.  I would kill for  a vegemite and cheese sandwich and liquids are just not doing anything for me anymore.  I feel like if I have to have any more soup I will throw it up.  So desperately wanting to taste some more things again.  On the upside, I am almost 14kgs lighter since the whole thing started, so that is wonderful and I wish it could continue at this pace, but will be happy for it to slow down a bit for the chance to taste real food in moderation.

I hope everyone else is going OK.
bea...

Posted Mon 20 Dec 2010 23:07

Well Yesterday was my first day of mushies, and I just minced up chicken with some pasta and it was pretty good.

Today I went out for dinner and I was hoping they would have a soup but nope such luck... so I got Thai Fish cakes and cut them up so small, I only managed to have one and half and I was full!!

Other then that I have been taking is slow and still having lots of fluids.

Hope everyone is going well!
ru4...

Posted Mon 20 Dec 2010 12:22

Its my 7th day now since being banded.

Just thought I would let everyone know that some light exercise helps expel the gas, encourages a bowel movement and feels really good. I was told I was allowed to recommence exercise by the 3rd day but today was the 1st time I felt like exercising.

I only did 40 minutes on a treadmill, no running, just walking on an incline and its worked wonders for me.

Cheers,
Paul.

michelle
09 Oct 2008

Posted Mon 20 Dec 2010 11:57
Hi I'm Shelley I am having my band done in January. I have already lost 9 kgs on the pre op optifast diet. I am hopin to have a new lease on life soon.
Ann
08 Oct 2008

Posted Sun 19 Dec 2010 09:37
Good Morning All
The Tuna is actually sounding good Cee.  I've tried a couple of other dishes by using the stab masher thingy.  I was looking forward to Satay chicken last night.  the family were having burgers so I opted for pureed chicken with sweet potato and mushroom (pureed of course).  The mushy and sweet potato faired better than the chicken.    It's not great flavour but I suppose it's a means to an end.  Anything they have I've pretty much decided to just mush it and see how it goes (within reason of course). Wish i'd done that when the kids were little - they might not be such fussy eaters now.  Tonight I'm going to try pasta bake.
And as for the dietician - it is sooooo exciting seeing how much you've lost in kilos and cms.  I'm not seeing mine again until 6 Jan so she wants me to stay on mushies until then - blah!!!!

I hate this stage.  think I'd rather liquids.

Ann
Cee
25 Nov 2010

Posted Sun 19 Dec 2010 08:46
Hey Everyone 

5 days since I last posted and all is going well. I have moved on to the 3rd week puree phase and seem to be stuck blending tuna and mayo or chicken (those little tins) and avacado and soups still. I think I am just nervous about progressing too quickly and causing issues.

Paul, I have no idea of why some surgeons progress at different rates with introducing new foods, maybe they use different bands?? My surgeon suggests a gradual increase up to normal foods at 5 - 6 weeks and so far that really has not been difficult for me. Luckily I have not had any strong cravings for rubbish (I thought that might be a  huge struggle for me)

Ann looks like you are doing so very well - no more down days I hope

In fact it looks lie everyone is doing well, going great guns.

Bring on Wednesday when I visit the dietitian again (but more interestingly for me, I get to weigh in!!) Is that bad that I care more about the weigh in??

Cheers Cee

ForumsLap Band SurgeryDecember 2010 Bandits
Sign in to post and view your settings
New User? Sign up

Latest

Top Rated

Most Discussed