A high-profile man charged with the rape of a woman will face another lengthy delay to his case, with a court being told “sensitive evidence” on the alleged victim’s phone could be disclosed.
The man was not required to appear on Wednesday when his case was briefly mentioned before Toowoomba Magistrates Court.
He is facing two counts of rape, which police allege stems from an incident in Toowoomba in October 2021.
Under Queensland law those accused of serious sex offences cannot be identified unless they are committed for trial.
On Wednesday, Crown prosecutor Sarah Dreghorn said a six-week adjournment was required for prosecutors to collect further evidence.
The court was told this included a Cellebrite download of the complainant’s phone and a further medical report.
“It might be some of that is sensitive evidence,” Ms Dreghorn said.
Lawyer Rowan King, who appeared over phone for the man, did not oppose an adjournment until June 28.
He asked magistrate Louise Shepherd if he could appear over phone again at the next date.
The man’s bail was continued.
Earlier this year several media organisations, including News Corp Australia, unsuccessfully applied to the court seeking permission to name the man in the proceedings.
That application remains before the courts.