Four men sought by police after racially aggravated altercation at train station

Four men are being sought by police following a racially aggravated altercation that took place at Waterloo station yesterday.

British Transport Police (BTP) shared an image of the men asking: "Do you recognise any of these individuals?"

It added: "Officers are looking to speak to the individuals in the images who they believe may have information that could help their investigation."

Footage shared on X, formerly Twitter, shows a group of men shouting at pro-Palestinian protesters. The force said senior detectives are reviewing the footage.

Israel-Gaza latest: 'Health catastrophe' warning over decomposing bodies

BTP also said another man, filmed in a separate video shouting at a Muslim woman, has been arrested for a racially aggravated public order offence.

He is currently in police custody.

It comes as the Metropolitan Police's deputy assistant commissioner said the force faced a "really challenging day" as hundreds of thousands of people took part in a pro-Palestinian demonstration in central London.

Police were "surprised" by the level of violence from counter protesters, Laurence Taylor told Sky News.

He said that seeing violence among protesters from 10am was "unprecedented", and there could have been "serious disorder" if counter protesters had been allowed to reach pro-Palestinian demonstrators.

Arrests from both marches

Police made a total of 145 arrests across the pro-Palestinian demonstration and counter protest by far-right groups.

Seven people have been charged with a range of offences including assault, possession of weapons, inciting racial hatred and possession of drugs.

Some 15 police officers were injured, with two requiring hospital treatment, as they prevented a violent crowd getting to the Cenotaph while a remembrance service was taking place.

A number of people are also being sought "in relation to a hate crime" from Saturday's pro-Palestinian march.

Hundreds of thousands of people took part in a march in the capital on Saturday, calling for a ceasefire in Israel's war against Hamas, which is designated a proscribed terrorist group by the UK.

While the demonstration remained largely peaceful, images quickly began circulating online showing several protesters carrying antisemitic placards.