Barbara's Valentine's muffins are a strictly adults-only affair
370g packet moist chocolate cake mix
85g packet instant chocolate mousse dessert mix
200ml bottle sparkling wine
100g butter, melted
150g Caramello chocolate
icing sugar mixture, strawberries and raspberries, to decorate
300ml tub thickened cream
3/4 cup chocolate-flavoured topping
1. Empty cake mix into a bowl. Add mousse mix and stir to combine. Add sparkling wine, eggs and butter. Stir until combined.Stir in broken chocolate.
2. Divide mixture among a 6-hole Texas muffin pan (3/4-cup capacity).
3. Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 25 minutes or until cooked when tested. Tranfer to a wire rack to cool.
4. To make chocolate cream, whip cream in a small bowl with electric mixer until firm peaks form. Add chocolate topping, beat until combined.
5. To decorate muffins, trace a small heart-shape onto a piece of paper, cut around the shape, then remove it. Place the piece of paper from which the heart-shape wascut onto each muffin and dust with sifted icing sugar.
6. Serve muffins warm or cold with chocolate cream and berries.
Muffins can be made up to 3 days ahead. Store in an airtight container. Or freeze for up to 2 months. Muffins can also be made in paper muffin cases.