200g dark chocolate, chopped
1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
4 cups self-raising flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 1/2 cups caster sugar
1 1/2 cups milk
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup Dark Choc Bits
Chopped Cherry Ripe Bars, to decorate
250g dark chocolate, chopped
1/2 cup thickened cream
1. Line two 12-hole muffin pans with paper cases (1/3 cup capacity).
2. Place chocolate and 1/4 cup of the vegetable oil in a small pan. Stir over a low heat until chocolate is melted. Remove from heat.
3. Sift flour, cocoa and sugar in a large bowl. Make a well in the centre. Add warm chocolate mixture, remaining vegetable oil, milk, eggs and 1 cup of the Choc Bits. Stir until just combined. Spoon mixture evenly into paper cases.
4. Cook one tray at a time in a moderate oven (180C) for 30 minutes or until cooked when tested. Remove from pans and cool on a wire rack.
5. To make topping, combine chocolate and cream in a small saucepan. Stir over a low heat until mixture is smooth. Stand at room temperature until mixture is a spreadable consistency.
Spoon topping over each muffin. Decorate with cherry ripe bars.
Muffins can be made up to 2 days ahead, keep, in an airtight container.