Kick Start Diet - Dinner, Day 19
• 300g dried linguini
• 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed, to serve
• 1 tblsp olive oil
• 1 brown onion, peeled, chopped
• 3 cloves garlic, sliced
• 600ml bottle passata (tomato) sauce
• 2 to 3 sprigs rosemary
• 4 fresh basil leaves, torn
• 800g frozen mussels
1. Bring a large saucepan of salted boiling water to the boil. Cook linguini for 10 minutes, or until al dente.
2. Add asparagus to a microwave-proof dish. Cook on high for 4 minutes or until tender. Adjust cooking time to suit your microwave. Set aside on serving plate.
3. Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large deep pot over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and cook for 2 minutes, or until softened.
4. Add passata, rosemary and basil. Bring to boil. Add mussels, cover and cook for 6 minutes or until mussels have opened.
5. Remove from heat, discard any unopened shells. Serve mussels over linguini with asparagus on the side.
Quantity per serving
Energy (kJ) 2077.07kJ
Protein (g) 40.11g
Total fat (g) 10.49g
- Saturated fat (g) 2.50g
- Carbohydrate (g) 58.96g
Sugars (g) 9.67g
Dietary fibre (g) 6.58g
Sodium (mg) 878.76mg