Nothing beats a crisp chicken salad for a quick and healthy meal
Olive-oil cooking spray
4 boneless chicken breasts (450 g in total), thinly sliced; skin removed
1/4 tsp cracked black pepper
60 g reduced-salt deli ham, sliced
60 g low-fat Swiss cheese, sliced
1 large egg white, beaten
1 cup panko breadcrumbs
4 cups baby rocket (about 120 g)
1/2 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
1 lemon, cut into wedges
1. Heat oven to 220°C. Spray baking tray with cooking oil.
2. Season chicken with pepper; evenly distribute ham and cheese on top. Beginning with a short side, roll up chicken breasts and secure with toothpicks.
3. Place egg white and breadcrumbs in separate shallow bowls. Dip chicken into egg white and then into breadcrumbs to coat. Transfer to prepared baking tray.
4. Bake, turning once, until golden brown and cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes.
5. Remove toothpicks and slice chicken. Place on a bed of rocket and tomatoes, top with a squeeze of lemon, and serve.
Nutritional Info per serving
1,460 kJ (349 cal), 38 g protein, 24 g carbs, 3 g fibre, 10 g fat (4 g sat fat), 210 mg sodium