Recreate this classic Spanish dish using omega-3 rich olive oil
4 tbs olive oil, divided
2 red capsicums, sliced into thin strips
1/2 telegraph cucumber (1 1/2 cups), seeds removed and thinly sliced
1/4 tsp salt, divided
4 large garlic cloves, crushed
500 g green prawns, peeled and deveined
1 tbs smoked paprika
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
2 tbs medium-dry sherry (optional)
2 tbs fresh lemon juice
+ 1 cup brown basmati rice, cooked as per packet instructions, to serve
1. Warm 1 tbs of the oil in a large, deep, heavy frypan over medium heat. Add capsicum; cover and cook, stirring often, until tender, about 5 minutes. Add cucumber and 1/8 tsp of the salt; cover and cook, stirring often, for 3 minutes or until tender and becoming translucent. Transfer vegetables to a serving dish; cover to keep warm.
2. Combine garlic and remaining oil in the same frypan over medium heat. Cook, stirring until fragrant, about 1 minute.
3. Stir in prawns and sprinkle with paprika, pepper and remaining salt. Cook, stirring often, until prawns are opaque, 5 to 7 minutes. (If pan becomes very dry, add 1 or 2 tbs water.)
4. Add sherry, if using, and lemon juice. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until pan juices are bubbly and thick.
5. serve prawns and vegetables with ½ cup basmati rice per person.
1,680 kj (400 cal)