- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- 12 Makes
- Melted butter, for greasing
- 6 eggwhites
- 200g unsalted butter, melted
- 150g ground almonds
- Finely grated rind of 1 orange
- 1½ cups pure icing sugar
- ²⁄³ cup gluten-free plain flour
- Extra pure icing sugar, sifted, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Brush a 12-hole friand mould with melted butter. Put eggwhites in a bowl and beat lightly. Add cooled melted butter, almond and orange rind. Sift in icing sugar and flour and stir until combined.
- Spoon evenly into the prepared moulds and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Stand on a wire rack to cool. Turn out friands. To serve, dust with the extra icing sugar.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE TO TRY THIS RECIPE FROM KAREN MARTINI
- The leftover egg yolks can be used for baking cakes, pastries or biscuits, or for making custards. You can use two eggs yolks in place of one whole egg.
- The friands will keep in an airtight container in a cool dry place for 3-4 days.