- 2 serves
- 1 whole sea bass (or other fish, 500 to 600 grams), cleaned
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 chilli
- 1 tbsp grated lemon rind
- 2 fresh bay leaves
- Olive oil for brushing
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Wash the fish and dab dry. Score the skin on both sides with a sharp knife, making about eight crosswise cuts at a slight angle.
- Peel and finely chop the garlic. Wash, trim, halve and finely chop the chilli. Cut the bay leaves into thin strips.
- Brush the fish with oil, season with salt and pepper and rub with garlic. Place on an oiled grill or wrap tightly in foil. Cook over a low heat for about four to five minutes on each side (the fish is done when the fins can be pulled out easily).
- Mix the chilli and lemon rind and scatter over the fish with the strips
- of bay leaf.
Nutritional information per serving – 1544 kilojoules: 56.5g protein; less than
1g carbohydrate; 15.3g fat.