- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- 4 Servings
- 4 beurre bosc pears, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 bunch rhubarb
- 1 cup cranberry-and-pomegranate juice + 2 tbs extra
- 1 tbs low-GI (glycaemic-index) sugar or sugar substitute
- 1 tsp vanilla-bean paste
- 115 g packet Sanitarium Light ‘n’ Tasty Macadamia & Honey with Oat Clusters cereal
- 1⁄4 cup rolled oats
- Low-fat vanilla yoghurt to serve (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Place pears, rhubarb, 1 cup juice, sugar and vanilla paste in a deep pan over medium heat. Stir well and bring to a simmer. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until pears are just tender and rhubarb has collapsed (about 8 minutes). Transfer to a baking dish.
- Put cereal in a plastic bag and bash with a rolling pin until a finer crumb forms. Place in a bowl and add oats and extra juice. Stir well to coat evenly, then spread over top of fruit in pan. Bake until crunchy and golden (about 12 to 15 minutes).
- Serve warm crumble with yoghurt, if desired.
Nutritional Info Per serving: 1,326 kJ (317 cal), 5 g protein, 65 g carbs, 9 g fibre, 3 g fat, 1 g sat fat, 114 mg sodium