- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- 12 serves
- 1 ½ cups plain flour
- 150 g unsalted butter
- ½ cup icing sugar
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- 1/3 cup blackberry jam
- Preheat oven to moderate 180C. Brush a 23 cm square cake tin with melted butter or oil. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending over two sides.
- Place flour, butter and sugar into food processor bowl. Using the pulse action, press button for 30 seconds or until mixture forms a dough. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead 20 seconds or until smooth. Press dough into prepared tin; refrigerate 10 minutes. Bake 15 minutes or until just golden; cool.
- To make Topping: Place sugar and eggs in a medium mixing bowl and whisk until combined. Stir in coconut.
- Spread jam over cooled base. Spread topping over jam, pressing down with back of spoon, and bake 20 minutes, until light golden. Cut into 25 squares when cool.
Slice may be stored for up to three days in an airtight container. For variation use different flavours of jam, such as boysenberry, raspberry or strawberry.