- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- 4 serves
- 500 g fettucine
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ cup cream
- 1/3 cup finely grated Parmesan
- 20g butter
- 250g bacon, rind removed, cut into thin strips
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil, add the fettucine and cook for 10-12 minutes, or until just tender.
- Whisk together the eggs, cream and Parmesan and season generously with salt and cracked black pepper.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a frying pan, add the bacon strips and cook for 5-8 minutes, or until lightly golden. Add the garlic and spring onion and cook for 2-3 minutes more. Remove from the heat.
- Drain the pasta, and transfer to a large serving bowl. While the pasta is still hot pour in the egg mixture and toss well to combine (the heat from the pasta should be sufficient to cook the egg). Add the bacon mixture and toss through the pasta. Season to taste with cracked black pepper and serve immediately.
Nutrition per serve: Protein 35g; Fat 30g; Carbohydrate 90g; Dietary Fibre 6.5g; Cholesterol 235mg; 3213kJ (765 cal)