- 300g wholemeal spelt flour
- 110g ground almonds
- 120g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup macadamia nut oil
- 360g Pure maple syrup
- 2 organic eggs
- 120ml soy milk
- 200g walnuts
- 110g chocolate, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 170C (325F/Gas 3).
- Line a square 25cm cake tin with baking paper.
- Combine the flour, ground almonds, cocoa, baking powder in a bowl. Add the macadamia oil, maple syrup, eggs, soy milk, chocolate and walnuts. Mix together well, then pour into the prepared cake tin, smoothing the top level.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until the cake is cooked through.
- Cool to room temperature, then cut into squares.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
For nut allergies substitute ground almonds for desiccated coconut or ground linseed meal. You can also substitute the macadamia nut oil for a grape seed oil and the walnuts for either dried apricots, sultanas or frozen cherries.