- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- 4 Servings
- 2 rashers rindless shortcut bacon
- ½ cup wholemeal plain flour
- ½ cup plain flour
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp mixed spice
- ¼ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- ½ cup blended, cooked pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ tbs honey
- 3 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbs maple syrup, to serve
- Fry the bacon until crisp. Set aside.
- Sift the dry ingredients into a large bowl and make a well in the centre.
- Whisk the buttermilk, puree, eggs, honey and oil together in a separate bowl. Stir into the dry ingredients.
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over medium heat. Drop heaped tablespoons of batter into the pan. Cook for 2 minutes or until golden underneath. Crumble over some bacon, flip and cook until golden underneath.
- Keep warm while cooking the remaining pancakes. Serve drizzled with syrup.
Nutritional info per serving
1431 kJ (357 cal), 13.9g protein, 47.3g carbs, 3.4g fibre, 10.2g fat (3.1g sat fat), 956mg sodium