- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- 8 Servings
- Melted butter, to grease
- 2 ½ tbs unsalted butter, chilled and chopped
- 4 tbs brown sugar
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped almonds
- 1 ½ tbs wholemeal flour
- 4 firm-ripe pears, cored and chopped
- ½ cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1 ½ tbs water
- 3 tsp fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp ground cardamom
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Brush a 1-1.5L baking dish with the melted butter until well greased.
- Put the butter and sugar in a food processor and pulse briefly until crumbly. Tip into a bowl and stir in the oats, almonds, flour and a pinch of salt. Press together with your fingers until small clumps form.
- Toss the pears, cranberries, water, lemon juice and cardamom together in the greased dish.
- Sprinkle the crumble topping over the filling and bake for 40 minutes, until the topping is golden brown and the filling is bubbling. Cover loosely with foil if the topping browns too quickly.
Nutritional info per serving
836 kJ (200 cal), 2g protein, 30g carbs, 3g fibre, 8g fat (3.5g sat fat), 4mg sodium