- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- 8 Servings
- 1 large sheet frozen ready-rolled shortcrust pastry, thawed
- 200g chicken sausages, casings removed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 firm-ripe pears, halved lengthways, cored and thinly sliced
- ¾ cup coarsely grated gruyere cheese
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Use the pastry to line a square or round 23cm fluted loose-based tart tin, trimming off the excess. Bake until light golden, following packet directions. Remove and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Crumble in the sausage meat, add the onion and cook, stirring often, for 6 minutes or until the sausage meat is browned.
- Spoon the sausage mixture into the pastry-lined tin, spreading it to the edges. Arrange the pear slices on top and sprinkle with the gruyere.
- Bake the tart for 25 minutes, until the cheese has melted, pears are tender and pastry is golden.
Nutritional info per serving
915 kJ (219 cal), 7g protein, 16g carbs, 2g fibre, 14g fat (6.3g sat fat), 302mg sodium