- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- 4 Servings
- 55g feta cheese, cubed
- 1 ½ tbs extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 1 lemon, cut into 6 wedges
- 2 slices Italian bread (such as pane di casa), cut into 16 cubes
- ½ small red onion, cut into 2.5cm cubes
- 400g tin artichoke hearts, drained and halved lengthways
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- 20 inner cos lettuce leaves
- 1 lebanese cucumber, sliced
- 12 pitted olives (mixed black and green varieties)
- Soak 8 bamboo skewers in water for 30 minutes to prevent them burning.
- Toss the feta, olive oil and oregano together in a bowl. Squeeze 2 lemon wedges over and season to taste.
- Preheat a lightly oiled barbecue grill plate on medium. Thread the bread, onion, artichoke and tomatoes onto the skewers. Spray with oil and grill, turning carefully, for about 4 minutes or until golden brown (remove before the tomatoes begin to fall apart). Transfer to a plate.
- Arrange the lettuce on serving plates and top each with 2 skewers. Divide the cucumber, olives and feta among the plates and serve with the remaining lemon wedges.
NUTRITIONAL INFO PER SERVING
983 kJ (235 cal), 6g protein, 25g carbs, 4g fibre, 12.5g fat (3.5g sat fat), 631mg sodium