- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- 4 Servings
- 200 g spiral pasta
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 100 g Ingham Italian Turkey Sausage, removed from the casing
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 can (240 g) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- ¾ cup salt-reduced chicken stock
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup grated Romano cheese
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook according to the package directions. Add the broccoli to the pot during the final 2 minutes of cooking. Drain the pasta and broccoli.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and cook, breaking it into smaller pieces with a wooden spoon, until the sausage starts to brown, 4 to 5 minutes. Add the oil and garlic and cook until the garlic starts to brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the beans and cook for 1 minute. Add the stock and bring to a boil. Stir in the pasta-broccoli mixture and black pepper. Cook until hot, about 1 minute. Remove from the heat and stir in the cheese.
- Serve immediately.
Calories 375 Kilojoules 1,570 Total Fat 22 g Saturated Fat 3.5 g Sodium Carbohydrate Dietary Fibre Protein 22 g 3.5 g 390 mg 19 g 5 g 27 g