- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- 10 Servings
- 3 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 6 canned artichokes, rinsed, drained and quartered
- 1⁄2 cup sliced grape tomatoes
- 2 cups low fat ricotta cheese
- 3 omega-3-enriched eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Position an oven rack in the bottom third of the oven. Preheat the oven to 160°C. Coat the base and sides of an 20 cm springform pan with cooking spray. Combine the flaxseed and oil with a fork in a small bowl. Sprinkle the mixture evenly over the pan base. (There may be some bare patches.) Set aside.
- Place the artichoke and tomato, cut side down, on several layers of paper towels. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Whisk the ricotta in a mixing bowl until smooth. Gradually add the eggs, whisking until smooth. Add the
- Romano, parsley, cornflour, oregano, pepper and salt. Whisk just until combined. Dollop the mixture into the
- prepared pan. Spread to smooth. Place the artichoke and tomato, cut side up, on top. Press with the back of a
- spatula to embed the vegetables.
- Bake for about 35 minutes, or until set. Remove and allow to cool for at least 1 hour before serving. Or, cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
- To serve, cut into 10 slices.
Per serving: 617 kJ, 10 g protein, 3 g carbohydrates, 11 g fat (4 g sat fat), 81 mg cholesterol, 291 mg sodium,
1.5 g fibre, 177 mg calcium