- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- 6 Servings
- 3 roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 yellow capsicums, chopped
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 small Spanish onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups salt-reduced vegetable juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups low-fat plain yoghurt
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 36 fresh scallops (about 800 g)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground white pepper
- Combine a quarter (about 11⁄4 cups total) of the tomato, capsicum, cucumber, onion and garlic in a blender or food processor. Pulse until smooth. Add the vegetable juice, yoghurt, basil and vinegar and pulse to blend.
- Pour into a large bowl. Reserving about 3⁄4 cup for garnish, fold the remaining vegetables into the mixture.
- Divide the gazpacho among 6 shallow bowls. Set aside.
- Place the scallops on a plate and sprinkle with the salt, black pepper and white pepper, tossing to coat.
- Coat a large non-stick frying pan with cooking spray and heat over medium high heat. Working in batches, cook the scallops, turning once, for 5 to 6 minutes, or until opaque. Place 6 scallops in each bowl of
- gazpacho. Garnish with the reserved chopped vegetables.
- Serve each bowl with 2 wholemeal bread sticks and 1 cup skim milk.
Per serving: 1,342 kJ, 33 g protein, 39 g carbohydrates, 3 g fat (1 g sat fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 840 mg sodium*, 3 g fibre, 514 mg calcium