- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- 4 Servings
- 600g kangaroo mince
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely grated
- ½ cup finely chopped parsley
- 1 tsp finely grated orange rind
- 1 tbs freshly squeezed orange juice
- ¼ tsp dried lemon myrtle
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 beetroot bulbs, cooked, peeled and cut into cubes
- 4 tomatoes, peeled, seeded and cut into wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 long red chilli, sliced
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 4 wholegrain bread rolls
- 8 lettuce leaves
- Mix kangaroo mince with onion, carrot, parsley, orange rind, orange juice, lemon myrtle, ¼ tsp of the salt and cracked black pepper until well combined.
- Divide into 8 evenly sized patties.
- Combine beetroot, tomato, garlic, chilli, 1 tbs of the olive oil and the remaining ¼ tsp salt in a bowl.
- Heat the remaining 1 tbs olive oil in a frying pan and cook patties for 4 minutes each side.
- Serve patties in wholegrain bread rolls, topped with lettuce and beetroot salsa.
Nutritional Info per serving
1,843 kJ (447 cal), 39g protein, 35g carbs, 8g fibre, 14g fat (2g sat fat), 703mg sodium