- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- 4 Serves
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and washed, quartered
- 1 tblsp margarine
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tblsp olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 500g lean beef mince
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1 x 400g can crushed tomatoes
- Fresh coriander or parsley, to serve
- Cook potatoes in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 10 minutes, or until tender. Drain well. Using a potato masher, roughly mash potatoes. Add margarine and beat with a wooden spoon until fluffy. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, add olive oil to saucepan and cook onion and garlic on medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until onion softens. Add mince and allspice. Cook for 10 minutes or until meat is browned.
- Add tinned tomatoes to saucepan. Bring to boil then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes or until thickened. Season to taste.
- Evenly divide mashed potatoes among serving plates and ladle mince on top. Serve with a sprinkle of fresh coriander or parsley.
Quantity per serving
Energy (kJ) 1703.94kJ
Protein (g) 33.15g
Total fat (g) 14.92g
- Saturated fat (g) 4.70g
Carbohydrate (g) 34.06g
Sugars (g) 7.01g
Dietary fibre (g) 5.64g
Sodium (mg) 460.05mg