- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- 4 Servings
- 4 handfuls mixed green leaves
- 2 handfuls beetroot leaves, stalks removed
- ½ cup walnut halves
- 250g haloumi cheese
- 4 beetroot bulbs, cooked and peeled
- 1 orange, peeled and segmented
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 ½ tbs lemon juice
- 1 ½ tsp wholegrain mustard
- Arrange leaves on 4 serving plates. Dry-roast walnuts in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat for 3-4 minutes, until lightly toasted. Set aside.
- Cut haloumi into 8 slices. Fry for 2 minutes each side, until slightly golden and crisp on the edges.
- Quarter beetroot and divide among plates with haloumi and orange. Combine olive oil, lemon juice, mustard and cracked black pepper, and drizzle over salad. Scatter with walnuts and serve.
Nutritional info per serving
1,954 kJ (474 cal), 19g protein, 13g carbs, 5g fibre, 37g fat (12g sat fat), 765mg sodium