- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- 4 serves
- 1 Tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 large red capsicum, chopped
- 1 medium green capsicum, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp Mexican chilli powder
- 400g can red kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 420g can corn kernels, rinsed, drained
- 2 x 400g cans diced tomatoes with roasted capsicum
- ¼ cup chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 3 x 45g flour burrito tortillas
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat, then add onion and capsicum. Cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes or until soft. Add garlic and chilli powder and cook for 1 minute. Stir in beans, corn and tomatoes. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat to low. Simmer for 7-10 minutes or until thick. Stir in coriander.
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Spoon bean mix into a 1.5L-capacity ovenproof dish.
- Cut tortillas in half, then cut halves into 1cm strips. Arrange strips over bean mixture. Bake for 20 minutes or until tortillas are golden and crisp. Serve with a green salad, tossed with 1 Tbsp each of olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE THIS RECIPE
9 ProPoints values per serve, plus 1 ProPoints value per serve of salad with dressing