The former foster parents of missing toddler William Tyrrell say they’ll “never give up” in a Father’s Day plea for information.
The couple, who cannot be named for legal reasons, shared a message on the Where’s William Tyrrell Facebook page on Saturday.
“Tomorrow, as we gather together to celebrate Father’s Day, we’ll be marking 3278 days since William was taken from all those he loved and who love him dearly,” the message reads.
“Tomorrow, our thoughts will be of precious William, his loved ones, and all those whose children have not come home.
“NSW Police are offering a $1 million reward for information that will lead them to William – that’s one million reasons to make the call to Crime Stoppers now.”
The three-year-old went missing from his foster grandmother’s home in Kendall in September 2014, and is presumed dead.
He was last seen wearing a Spider-Man suit.
Despite one of the longest-running search efforts in Australian history, there has been no trace of the child in the last nine years.
In June this year, NSW Police recommended William’s foster mother be charged for allegedly covering up his accidental death.
No charges have been laid.
Her lawyer Sharon Ramsden said the foster mother denies any wronging in relation to the disappearance.
“She has always, and maintains, she has nothing to do with William’s disappearance,” Ms Ramsden said.
“She desperately urges the police to resume the investigation into finding out what happened to William.”
William’s foster parents faced court earlier this month over allegations they had someone make fake bids at an auction for their Sydney property.
Police allege the pair placed a dummy bidder to bump up the auction price of the home, in December 2020.
It’s understood evidence of the dummy bidding emerged after listening devices were placed by detectives investigating the disappearance and suspected death of William Tyrrell.