Taylor Swift: ‘I Don’t Chase Boys’

February 12, 2013, 11:38 amJody Phan | FAMOUS

Taylor Swift tells Elle magazine she doesn't chase boys or yell in relationships.

Taylor Swift: ‘I Don’t Chase Boys’

Taylor Swift is as famous for her string of failed relationships as she is for her award-winning break-up songs, but the 23-year-old insists she doesn’t spend her time pursuing the opposite sex.

Credit: Getty Images

In the March issue of Elle magazine, Taylor opens up about her approach to men. “I’m sure if I looked up the latest Google Alerts rumor it would say I’m chasing somebody who doesn’t like me as much as I like him, people love that angle on me.

GALLERY: CELEBS BACKSTAGE AT 2013 GRAMMY AWARDS

"They’re like ‘Oh Taylor, coming on too strong again, chasing boys.’ I never chase boys. They don’t like it!”

Credit: ELLE Magazine

If her trail of ex-boyfriends and songs about past relationships are anything to go by, there are plenty of other things Taylor does that boys don't like. Blasting them through song cryptic song lyrics probably doesn't help either.

RELATED: TAYLOR SWIFT & JOHN MAYER'S RUN-IN

In the interview, Taylor goes on to explain her song-writing, "It’s me sitting on my bed feeling pain I didn’t understand, writing a song, and understanding it better.

"If people want to dissect the lyrics, that’s their right, but it’s... just something I do to feel better."

Credit: ELLE Magazine

Oh, and another thing Taylor wants everyone to know about her – she doesn’t ever yell at her boyfriends – like, ever. She says, "I’m not a yeller. I’m not a fit thrower. If something is done, it’s done."

1. Hi!06:48am Thursday 18th July 2013 ESTReport Abuse

To be fair, she doesn't go out of her way to "chase" boys. Are people really criticizing someone for not being able to maintain a good relationship? Being a celebrity especially adds to that. She's had what? 6 or 7 boyfriends in 6 or 7 years? The rest are just plain rumors. I know a girl who has had 6 or 7 boyfriends within a year. The songs are relatable and how she writes about her feelings. What the worst she has done? Write songs? At least she's not doing drugs or something.

2. cme h11:10am Friday 12th April 2013 ESTReport Abuse

Why? She's making a lot of money by not keeping her emotions confined to a book. At least she writes her own songs, unlike most "artists" nowadays

3. Mike02:32pm Wednesday 13th February 2013 ESTReport Abuse

She seems to have a thing for young boys....is she catholic?

4. Nunya Beeswax07:44am Wednesday 13th February 2013 ESTReport Abuse

Why is a 23 year old involving herself with boys? The last dude was a teenager, and the one prior was also a teen. Hmmm. No bueno.

5. T M11:35pm Tuesday 12th February 2013 ESTReport Abuse

Wouldnt give her the time of day

6. KGB07:50pm Tuesday 12th February 2013 ESTReport Abuse

A girl that looks like Taylor Swift chasing boys? Why would she have to?

7. Brenton06:25pm Tuesday 12th February 2013 ESTReport Abuse

sad kitty

8. Brenton06:24pm Tuesday 12th February 2013 ESTReport Abuse

poor #$%$

9. Russell Hayden05:23pm Tuesday 12th February 2013 ESTReport Abuse

@ Stephen, do you get many women who just lay there and dont participate? Maybe its you and not them, ever thought about that? If you use your tongue right, I can guarantee that they wont be just lying there.

10. Stephen04:38pm Tuesday 12th February 2013 ESTReport Abuse

Taylor Swift ‘I Don’t Chase Boys’ - well I hope she isn't one of the those ones that just lie there not participating..