Channel 10's new breakfast show, 10 News First: Breakfast, has made history after delivering the worst ever ratings in Australian TV history.
Last week, Network Ten replaced the first 30 minutes of Studio 10 with the news bulletin, but it doesn't seem as though the change went exactly to plan with just 44 viewers tuning in from Sydney on its second day, according to OzTAM figures.
The same broadcast brought in just 224 viewers in Perth, with an average of 17,000 viewers watching across the five major cities during the show's first five days on air.
However, this hasn't seemed to worry Ten, with a spokesperson telling The Australian, "Network 10 is happy with the launch of the 10 News First: Breakfast."
"It has lifted the 2022 timeslot average by 13 per cent in its first week."
The bulletin is led by Sydney-based presenter Lachlan Kennedy from Monday to Wednesday and then by Melbourne-based Natasha Exelby on Thursdays and Fridays.
Natasha previously hosted Ten's breakfast program Wake Up, which was axed after just six months on air in 2014.
It comes following some fears that Studio 10 may be on the chopping block after losing its first 30 minutes to the new bulletin.
Studio 10 host Sarah Harris was interestingly seen on The Project last week, filling in for Lisa Wilkinson.
However, Ten insiders told The Australian this is not the case. "Studio 10 is in no danger," they said. "With all of its advertorials, it more than pays its way."
Sunrise managed to win the breakfast ratings war in 2021, making it their 18th year on top.
Today was close behind during some weeks of the year, but in May, ABC’s News Breakfast managed to come in second behind Sunrise, leaving Today trailing behind.
It was the first time the ABC had overtaken Nine in the breakfast time slot.
Never miss a thing. Sign up to Yahoo Lifestyle’s daily newsletter.
Or if you have a story idea, email us at email@example.com.