Watch: Brian May is questioned about his carbon footprint in front of blazing fire
Brian May appeared a little hot under the collar after he was confronted on live TV about how environmentally friendly his gas fire was.
The Queen rocker appeared on Good Morning Britain via videolink from his home to discuss the anniversary of his late bandmate Freddie Mercury's AIDS diagnosis, and the discussion moved on to the future of the planet.
May — a known animal rights activist — had been voicing his concern for global warming when presenter Susanna Reid asked him: "Have you got a gas fire in the back of your room Brian?"
The 74-year-old guitarist replied: "I have indeed. It's frosty here."
The TV presenter continued: "Is it an eco-friendly one?"
The Under Pressure singer paused before responding: "I've no idea, it's been there a while so it probably needs updating. Everything needs updating these days.
"But it's fine. I don't think it's a big carbon footprint here. Of course you can burn logs around here but we don't at the moment."
The interview then moved on.
May had told Reid and co-host Adil Ray that protecting the planet was "very important" to him.
He said: "I feel we have a terrible debt to pay back to the creatures of this planet.
"Global warming is a huge issue, but to me it's not the only issue. We are destroying the habitat of not only ourselves but all the other creatures and its going very fast. And terrifyingly dangerous."
May has campaigned for many years for the protection of badgers in the UK, after the government authorises the wild animals should be culled to prevent the spread of bovine TB to cattle.
Earlier this year May launched an angry tirade against his local council after flood sewage damaged his west London house and destroyed a "lifetime" of memorabilia.
May shared pictures and videos of the flood damage to his home following flash floods, admitting he was "angry" and blaming the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea Council.
The rockers and his former EastEnders star wife Anita Dobson were "heartbroken" after the carpets in the ground floor of their home were destroyed along with memorabilia and personal mementos in their basement.