- Preparation time:
- 15 mins
- Cooking time:
- 25 mins
- 6 Serves
- 1kg waxy potatoes(sebago or ruby-red)
- 2 Tbsp cornflour
- ¼ tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Chicken salt, to serve
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Put 2 roasting pans or high-sided oven trays in the oven to heat.
- Meanwhile, cut potatoes lengthways into thin wedges, about 1.5cm thick.
- Put cornflour, paprika and garlic salt in a large zip-lock bag and shake well to combine. Add potato wedges and shake until well coated.
- Remove trays from oven. Add enough oil to each tray to form a thin pool. Return trays to oven for 3 minutes.
- Remove trays from oven and, working quickly, arrange coated wedges on trays. Roast for 20 minutes, turning halfway through cooking. Sprinkle with chicken salt and serve immediately.
If you want your wedges to be extra spicy, just add more paprika.