Love the antique and rustic look but don't want to spend thousands on the real thing? Well you don't have to because you can create the look for much less.
Gather your supplies
Picture frame with glass(new or old)
Krylon Looking Glass Mirror-Like Paint
- Step 1: Remove backing board from frame and set aside. Leave hanging wire on frame.
- Step 2: Remove glass from frame, put on drop sheet, then clean and dry it thoroughly.
- Step 3: Mix up a 1:1 solution of water and white vinegar in spray bottle. Lightly spray glass with solution. The more solution sprayed on, the more aged the glass will appear. If you spray on too much, dry with paper towel and start again.
- Step 4: Lightly spray glass with 1 coat of mirror-like paint. Allow a few minutes for solvents to evaporate, then spray again with vinegar solution and 1 more coat of mirror-like paint. Leave for a few minutes, then gently blot excess solution with paper towel.
- Step 5: Spray 1-3 more coats of mirror-like paint onto glass, allowing solvents to dry in between coats. Leave for 1 hour. The sprayed surface will appear dull and the other side reflective.
- Step 6: Spray backing board in Flat Black. Allow to dry.
- Step 7: Put glass back into frame, reflective side down. Add backing board, painted side down. Using tape, attach backing board to frame.
You’ll also need
Dulux Spraypak Quick Dry in Flat Black; spray bottle; picture framing tape; drop sheet; paper towel